Thursday, December 4, 2008

Calm


I am a major escapist reader. My nightstand has a whole shelf of books that I pick up when I want to forget about what is happening in my life for a little while. Most of these books I would never really recommend to anyone else, but they all offer a bit of comfort for this sentimental girl. Perhaps sometime I''ll publish the list.

Today, I would like to share a book that I do feel comfortable recommending to anyone. I laughed and cried and in the end I ended up going back and rereading some of the book. Listening is an Act of Love is a series of interviews done for the StoryCorp where people sign up to go into a booth an interview each other about some portion of their life. It can be a momentous event or just a story about their everyday life. What comes out is remarkable, touching and beautiful.

Check it out from your local library today!

1 comment:

cindy said...

this book sounds divine.

and i'm with you as an escapist reader!