Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Admiration

I have spent the last day catching up on Vinyl Cafe podcasts and admiring the stories of Stuart McLean. His stories are touching, funny, beautiful, and thoughtful. Every time I hear one it makes me appreciate life a little more.

For father's day last year I bought tickets for the live Vinyl Cafe show in Seattle. This October we finally got to go. As we left my theater, my dad turned to me and said, "My stomach hurts." My thoughts immediately turned to the dinner we'd gone to before the show, afraid he was going to be sick. He saw the look on my face and said "No, my stomach hurts from laughing so hard." It was a great evening.

The Vinyl Cafe also encourages people to send in little stories and each week Stuart reads one on the air, "Christmas Tea Rings" is one of my favorites.

No comments: