Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Light Bright

Last spring while shopping at a flea market I bought a giant glass lamp. I was attracted to the design in the glass and was sure it would look lovely when lit up. It was only $20 because the wiring was faulty, also because it weighed a lot and I am sure the seller just wanted to get rig of it. The lady who sold it to me urged me not to plug it in as it would cause the fuse to blow (I think she learned this the hard way). I heeded her advice and was sure my dad could teach me how to rewire it. It only took me about 6 months to buy all the supplies and get a lesson from my dad.

It costs an additional $15 to get the new wire, a more attractive chain, a new plug and a switch. I also had my dad help me hang the lamp to make sure the ceiling wouldn't fall down, but here are the results and I am quite pleased! Not too bad for a $35 investment and a little elbow grease!

1 comment:

cindy said...

goodness, you're handy. guess it doesn't hurt to have a dad who knows what is what, either, right? great job, taggarts!