Thursday, March 19, 2009

This is What I Actually Love

Recently one of my co-workers accused me of being a hater (in an over the top sort of way). As many people around the office started to weigh in on my the things I abhor I started to think about all the stuff I like. This evening I found myself digging through some old boxes to find my happy thoughts list. My friends and I all started making list in eight grade when 14,000 Things to Be Happy About: The Happy Book was really popular.

Here are some excerpts from my personal list, most of which was written in 8th & 9th grade, but I still agree with:
  • leaves changing color
  • Q cards
  • thunderstorms
  • soccer
  • snow near Christmas
  • ... and they lived happily ever after. The End
  • cherry trees in bloom
  • otters
  • tea time
  • the smell of summer rain
  • vegetable gardens
  • soft wool socks
  • frost
  • coffee
  • getting mail
  • skeeball
  • hedgehogs
  • clothes fresh out of the dryer
  • valentines
  • fro yo
  • sidewalk chalk
  • art classes
  • phone calls from friends just to say hello
  • fresh mint
  • weekends
  • Queen Anne's lace
  • family
  • yoga
  • waking up in the middle of the night to the sound of rain
  • Mariner's 1995 season
  • road trips
  • the Garden of the Gods
  • Westminster Chimes
  • freesia
  • secret compartments
  • saving the best for last
  • giving people presents
  • the edge of sleep
  • scarves
  • taking pictures
  • friends
  • snorkeling
  • mix tapes
  • home

1 comment:

Eliza said...

Happy Thoughts!!! Maybe we need to start these again :)