Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Changing It Up

Spring is in the air (or at least I hope it is) and I've been gearing up to do the annual spring closet purge and try to sort through the detritus I seem to gather. I have a bit of a hard time getting rid of stuff and always feel daunted with the piles of stuff that accumulate around me.

As I was trying to sort through stuff I realized I wanted some sort of change in my room. It came in the form of a new bedside lamp. I purchased a couple lit branches from the University Bookstore and put them in a vase I had. The pictures don't quite do the best job because I had to turn off the flash for the "after" shot, but hopefully you'll get the idea.

Before:

After:

4 comments:

sarah said...

Ooooh, I really like the new lamp!

Did you wear sweatpants to work today?

Marta said...

Sort-of. I went to yoga at lunch time and changed into sweatpants, the I just didn't change back into my work clothes until right before I left

cindy said...

im experiencing a massive overload of design ideas right now... it's kinda hard to focus now!

Allison Smeltz said...

Love the light!