Monday, September 15, 2008

This is what I did last weekend

Over the weekend I went to Washington Wine Country for the first time. After my roommate and I heard it was still going to be warm over there we were set. It was glorious and warm in Yakima and the surrounding areas. We managed to visit five wineries: Bonair (very good), Hyatt (not so good), Two Mountains (pretty solid reds and a very friendly atmosphere), Maison De Pagett (okay), and Paradiso Del Sol (they get the award for most creative tasting).

I think I actually may have enjoyed the fruit event more than the wine. It is prime season for Washington nectarines, pears, melons, plums, and peaches. Please enjoy my photos below.



1 comment:

cindy said...

you have a blog! i love blogs. :) i agree, hyatt was a let down though it had a nice patch of grass and a decent view. joanna got accosted by an older drunk german gentleman who kept talking to her about rieslings. we came right after a busload of them arrived.

the fruit and veggies were glorious. i came back with two bagfuls. where did you guys stay?