Tuesday, August 21, 2012

fUNEMPLOYMENT

One of my friends works on political campaigns and throughout the years has found herself unemployed between campaigns a few times. As I face my first time being unemployed in ten years, she introduced me to the concept of f-UN-employment; the idea that you accept your time without a job to be a time when you allow yourself to have fun between job hunting and networking.  It is actually a hard thing to do because being unemployed I feel like every free moment should be spent looking at job postings, tweaking my resume and trying to network.

I have taken decided to spend my "fun" time doing projects with clear attainable goals so I can feel like I am making progress doing things.  I completed by first small project today.  I painted my childhood dollhouse with the hope that next time my niece visits she'll want to play with it.  The original dollhouse was just plain wood like the shingles, but I thought it might be nice to have it match my parents' house so it will be even more special for her.  Without further ado, voila!




No comments: