Saturday, July 9, 2011

Birthday Calendars

My grandmother had a birthday calendar in her hallway; with 11 children and an ever increasing number of grandchildren it was necessary. The concept of the birthday calendar is simple; it's a year-less calendar with days so you can just pen in the birthdays. My grandmother's calendar featured Monet's impressionist paintings that were perfect for a year-less calender, adding to its timeless, dreamy quality. 

I've been searching for one for a number of years and I finally feel like I am getting close to the right one.  The challenge is to find images that you will enjoy year after year.  Long live the birthday calendar!


 Birthday Calendar from Linda & Harriett


letterpress birthday calendar by larkpress on Etsy


images from their respective owners

No comments: