Wednesday, August 13, 2008

This is what I want to wrap around me

SCARF MATRIX

I am a huge proponent of scarves. Both as a way to keep warm and to add additional color or texture to a bland outfit. It's one of the few reasons I sometimes look forward to fall. However, all scarves are not created equal. I believe that scarves should be judged on the following properties:
  • Texture (there is nothing worse that have something itchy wrapped around your neck)
  • Color (does it work with other things?)
  • Price (the lower, the better)
  • Size (if you can't wrap it around your neck a few times I don't think it's worth the effort)
  • Weight (I once had a beautiful wool scarf from Banana Republic that won in the other categories, but was simply too heavy. It was only wearble on days when the temperature was below 0. I learned my lesson, if it's too heavy for normal wear I pass on it.)
I've scoured the fall lines and these are the winners:

Long washed-silk scarf $68.00 available at J. Crew


Dip-dye fringe scarf $19.50 available at Gap











No comments: